Thursday, September 6, 2007

Day 1, of year 6 : logged in; subscribed to a new social networking tool mentioned to me by fellow librarian this morning on the way to work; IGoogle home page to read Buddhist thought for the day, primary blogs, check gmail and send Alyssia the URL for del.icio.us, scan news and weather; opened Blogger for secondary blogs and checked updates, then told Lee about new SF phone 311 from "library thing of the day" blog; opened work email, scanned and deleted 6 listserves and worked through inbox; now writing to my own blog. 5 years ago, I would have opened work email, read every post on Autocat and Serialist listservs (now scan subjects and delete 99%)and spent time on every inbox message because there would have been no spam and no information overload things from ALA, the union, etc. Actually, I might have spent about the same amount of time now and 5 years ago, but my virtual world and information has expanded hugely.

To celebrate and reward my endurance, I will spend time cataloging ENVI's 2 greeting cards with architectural cutout pop ups. Also I'll go to this year's first Lunch Poems at the Morrison.~C

No comments: