Monday, September 10, 2007

#15 -"Web 2.0, Library 2.0 and the future of libraries" from looking at Del.icio.us and Technorati and some readings...User centric, community building, interactive library catalogs ??? Surely this is a contradiction in goals, traditions and current professional standards. It may be more useful to just layer historical sediments and add some 2.0 to the top of the existing substructure. 2.0 will have to be light and fluffy, so as not to shake up or change it's base, but serious enough to be allowed to actually touch.

Currently, I'm feeling discouraged with my investigations because I am too much influenced by this current environment. Spending so many hours to accomplish such simple tasks and with nothing else in sight to work on is not positive. I will look over the landscape to the horizon tomorrow and see what I see. ~C

No comments: