Tuesday, September 11, 2007

#16 So what’s in a wiki? Yes, I use Wikipedia and I like the whole idea behind it. We all know something particular and can contribute it. The community itself can "keep order", rather than using the restrains of multitudes of rules or heavily guarded "knowledge" barriers. Actually, every querie I have made in Wikipedia has been richly rewarded with excellent facts. I have not been tempted to use the ALA or the SCP wikis, and did not respond favorably to the idea of a UC CONSER funnel wiki. I can see the use for them in Public Library reading programs, etc. But here? Add one to the summer reading list for comments? I wonder.

What about putting the antique TS procedures on a wiki and let everyone just have at them! Hummmm, maybe not. What about creating a new one for new procedures in lieu of the TS webpage that may not happen in this century? What about creating one for projects or working groups? What about creating one for e-resources? ~C

No comments: