Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Wikis, continued...Some hands on today in the sandbox wiki for the class. I added my blog to the "favorites" page but it didn't look like the others. I didn't have time to do the video training on PBwiki, but they looked good. OK. I found the "wiki" and the "blog" policies for my library and saw the 8 or 9 wikis we have for library users. There doesn't seem to be any user postings to the wikis or blogs. Some wikis are kept more up to date than others. But, frankly, they are pretty boring visually and content-wise and I wouldn't be interested myself. I think that I could use a wiki for TS policies because it really can be the "web" pages we will never get. You can embed a URL in a page and that is really all the technology I think I would need. I think I'll do a mock up of CD-ROM procedures and see if I can get anywhere. I tried to change my photo ID on this blog today and although I could delete the old one, I could not seem to add the new one from Flickr. This late in the day I get tired......~C

No comments: