Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Future......

It seems to me that every conference has a "buzz" topic that everyone is talking about between meetings and programs about it are standing room only. ALA Anaheim seemed to me to be about the future of cataloging and catalogs. There were 2 programs about it and the Sunday one "Creating the Future of the Catalog and Cataloging" was 4 hours long with 4 speakers and a moderator. When I tried to get into the room after it had been going for about an hour, I was turned away by guards - so as not to break the fire codes! Those of us who got there late couldn't even stand in the doorways to listen. Lillian has emailed a blog about it and it is probably a good idea to read it carefully. I'm going to! ~Carole

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Браво, вас посетила отличная мысль