Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I finished my adventures in RSS & Newsreaders - Week 4. From Technorati I found the most popular blogs in the world : Engadget and Boing Boing. I subscribed to Boing Boing : "Boing Boing is a weblog of cultural curiosities and interesting technologies. It's the most popular blog in the world, as ranked by Technorati.com, and won the Lifetime Achievement and Best Group Blog awards at the 2006 Bloggies ceremony." I also found that Wired Top Stories was pretty high up on the list, so subscribed to it also. For library interest, I now have TheShiftedLibrarian and Library Link of the Day. For podcasts I have the FPMT. Two blogs of with direct application are the UC Berkeley library's "What's new in the library" blog and the UC system wide blog "UC /OCLC Implementation".

Because I have to read these on the Bloglines site, I'm not sure I will remember to check them. The Bloglines button is just off my bookmarks toolbar, so I won't see it. I still have to find a good way to actually read my aggregated blogs easily.

Messing around with Flickr and photos from last weeks wanderings, I found a video on Flickr called "A week in Leticia and Puerto Narino in Amazonas, Colombia".....amazing. It was taken at the wetter time of year because the river is so high up the sides and houses. Also the sky looks thundery and close to rain. But I have seen almost EVERYTHING on this video myself. They even stayed at Fray Hector's place and sat on the same patio with the birds and dogs. They climbed the same miriadores and saw the same views..... on and on.....and their background sounds/music is perfect. I had to post this to my blog and I hope I don't lose it.

No comments: