Thursday, August 30, 2007

Continuing with the playing around week...today it was to LibraryThing. I'd heard about it, but never explored. LT was 2 years old this week and seems pretty well used and filling up fast. I joined the "librarian" and "sustainability" groups and I don't know what that means yet. The groups seem to have blogs, but I wouldn't have time for that. One great feature is that when you add a book to your LT, you get some fantastic "recommendations". Just the Permaculture list was phenomenal. It is a much better subject search than worldcat.org or any other library catalog. But taking the LT list and searching worldcat.org gives me the library source for the books. Of course, there is also an Amazon.com connection. Mollison's first permaculture book - long out of print - is over $100.00 for a used copy now. Having lost his first 2 books when my things were packed from Oz, I can see that I won't get another copy! Anyway, I added the LT widget to my blog as suggested. But I don't really know if I will use LT. What I do know, is that my blog readers will not be seeing new creative pix of my lovely daughter anymore. ~ C

No comments: